American Express Corporate Card Program
The University has an agreement with American Express to offer the Corporate Card Program to permanent employees who travel frequently on University business. The sign up period for this program is at the beginning of each academic year. However, permanent employees may apply for a card at anytime. Employees will need to complete an American Express Application and mail the application to Cheryl Burnette, 270 Mossman Building. Once your application has been processed by American Express, your card will be mailed to your home or campus address within 7 to 10 business days.
The agreement excludes the use of the card for charging personal travel expenses and merchandise purchases. The card is for use on authorized University travel only. The card is not be used for departmental travel. Departments may use the PCard to charge airline tickets and registration for their employees. Non-travel charges or delinquent payment on account may cause the card to be revoked.
American Express issues the card in the name of the individual with the University name appearing on the second line. However, the University has no liability for account balances. Each individual assumes responsibility for all charges incurred on the corporate card. Card members access their monthly statements thru an on-line account with American Express.
Upon termination of employment with the University or upon request, a Request for Cancellation of an American Express Card form must be completed and mailed to Cheryl Burnette at 270 Mossman Building. It is the responsibility of the card holder to shred cancelled cards.
If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Burnette at ext. 4-5950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding your America Express account, please contact American Express Customer Service at 1-800-528-2122.
- There is no annual fee to the cardholder.
- Free travel insurance ($200,000) and baggage insurance ($1,250) are provided to the cardholder when traveling on commercial carriers.
- The need for a cash advance, to carry excess cash or to use a personal credit card for University travel is eliminated.
- Meals can be charged to the card while traveling on University related business; however, travel regulations regarding subsistence rates for meals still apply.
- The American Express Corporate Card is issued to individuals for individual use only – not for departmental use.
- The University has no financial liability to the program.
- The American Express Corporate Card is intended to be used for business related travel expenses.
- The cardholder will be responsible for any delinquency fees on the corporate card.
- Requests for reimbursement for travel expenses are submitted in the normal manner and reimbursement is made to the individual. The cardholder makes payment to American Express.